Community Explorers are people who provide a vital connection between NHS health commissioners and the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE) organisations in Manchester.
They are people who work in the VCSE sector and use their knowledge, skills, networks to raise awareness of the on-going experiences and issues that affect local people.
In turn, Manchester Health and Care Commissioning works with Community Explorers to involve all VCSE services in the development and delivery of services in Manchester.
Community Explorers meet monthly and move around each of the areas in north, central and south Manchester.
- Cheetham and Crumpsall
- Higher Blackley, Harpurhey and Charlestown
- Miles Platting, Newton Heath, Moston and City Centre
- Ancoats, Clayton and Bradford
- Ardwick and Longsight
- Chorlton, Whalley Range and Fallowfield
- Gorton and Levenshulme
- Hulme, Moss Side and Rusholme
- Burnage, Chorlton, Chorlton Park and Didsbury
- Fallowfield, Old Moat and Withington
- Northenden and Wythenshawe (Brooklands)
- Wythenshawe (Baguley, Sharston and Woodhouse Park)
Telephone: 0161 765 4168