To make sure we achieve the best health and social care outcomes for future generations, we need to change the way we deliver services and work with Manchester’s communities and neighbourhoods.
- To reduce dependency on services and keep people as independent as posible
- Manage our costs and budgets more effectively
- We’re improving the way we work together, and to help you access care closer to where you live
- We want people to live healthy and independent lives and to be able to stay in their own homes
- We recognise how important carers are to keeping people safe and well. We know how much carers contribute and we want to involve them in decisions about a person’s care – with that person’s consent
- Work together and share information
What it means for you:
- We want you to take an active role in protecting and managing your health
- You are at the centre of the care you receive – we want to find out what your goals are and then help you to achieve them
- You’ll have a single contact for your health or social care – no more repeating your needs over and over to many people
- We want you to feel supported and listened to and to be involved in decisions about your care.