Find out the latest developments towards creating a Single Hospital Service for Manchester, that will bring together the high quality expert care from each of the city’s hospitals into one organisation.
As a first step in October 2017, we brought together Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) and University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust (UHSM) to create a new hospital Trust called Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT).
Watch this video to find out more about the vision for the new city-wide Trust and benefits.
The next stage in the development of our Single Hospital Service is to bring North Manchester General Hospital (NMGH) into MFT. NMGH has a vital role to play in the city and will continue to provide a range of hospital services, including emergency and maternity care to the residents of North Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Salford and beyond.
Our vision for NMGH is that it will be:
- A vibrant hospital providing high quality and effective services with excellent patient experience.
- A well-connected hospital; integrated with on-site mental health services, services in the community, and local people and communities.
- A hospital which generates jobs and growth in the local economy.
- A hospital with 21st century estates and IT.
- A sustainable hospital, both clinically and financially.
Watch this video to find out more about the vision for North Manchester